GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Authorities are accusing a University of Florida student of felony negligent manslaughter after a fatal, high-speed crash on a downtown Gainesville street just blocks away from an intersection where he also crashed his car two years ago in a careless driving wreck.
Court records say Adam Mandel was driving as fast as 80 mph in a 35 mph zone when he lost control on a Thursday evening in January and crashed his Lexus sports car into a guardrail and hit a utility pole.
Mandel’s girlfriend, 20-year-old Kassandra Guzman-Ramirez, suffered fatal injuries in the crash.
- Driver suspected of dragging, killing California bicyclist in 2017 is captured in Australia
- Texas early voting exceeds total of all 2016 ballots
- Tiger at Tennessee zoo tests positive for coronavirus
- Florida early voting site closed after workers get coronavirus
- Freebies and deals for Halloween 2020