A White House officials said Monday that President Trump’s Tuesday trip to Central Florida has been postponed in the wake of two mass shootings over the weekend.
In the border town of El Paso, Texas, a shooter opened fire and left 20 people dead and more than two dozen injured. Hours later in Dayton, Ohio, a shooter killed 9 people and injured at least 27 others.
The president had been scheduled to discuss Medicare during an event in The Villages on Tuesday.
White House officials said the visit has been postponed, but a reschedule date was not announced.
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Sunny and pleasant days ahead
- Tampa pastor who led packed services during safer-at-home order is shutting down the church
- FDA hasn’t authorized a two-minute test for coronavirus
- Coast Guard: Cruise ships must stay at sea with sick onboard
- Engineer intentionally derailed train in attempted attack on hospital ship USNS Mercy, federal prosecutors say