TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — At least one person is now the holder of the winning ticket for the $1.28 billion Mega Millions jackpot, according to the lottery’s website.
The website said the ticket was purchased from a Speedway in Des Plaines, Illinois. This would make that person who bought it the winner of the third-largest lottery prize and the biggest in four years.
However, the winner has not come forward yet. They have 12 months from July 29 to claim their prize and 60 days to choose the cash option or annual payments.
While no Floridians were listed as jackpot winners Saturday morning, five winning tickets were purchased in Florida and were listed among the big winners in the July 29 drawing.
The Mega Millions website said two Match 5 winning tickets were purchased in Florida for the $1 million prize. Three other winning tickets for the Match 5+ Megaplier were bought in Florida, qualifying for the $2 million prize.
The Florida Lottery said there were two confirmed winners so far. The five total winning tickets were purchased from the following locations:
- Big Boss Stores #3091, 2396 US Highway 331 South, Defuniak Springs – QP
- Winn Dixie #2425, 1360 Tampa Road, Palm Harbor – QP
- Cumberland Farms #9565, 2001 NE Savannah Road, Jensen Beach – QP
- Sebring Truck Stop, 8000 US Highway 27 South, Sebring – QP
- Publix #1179, 3343 South Orange Blossom Trail, Kissimmee – QP