DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (WESH) – The Daytona Beach International Airport was evacuated after a suspicious item, which turned out to be a bottle of lotion, was flagged Tuesday morning during the security process.
The report came in just after 6:15 a.m. and prompted a response from the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office and Daytona Beach Police Department.
Airport officials said approximately 70 passengers and airport staff were evacuated after Transportation Security Administration agents flagged the bag while it was going through airport security.
Officials said something spotted in a bag prompted the action.
The bag has since been cleared and airport officials said that as of 7:30 a.m. they expected normal operations to resume shortly.
People with flights in and out of the airport should check with their airline for information on the status of their flight.
- Despite pleas from health officials, AAA expects 50 million to travel this Thanksgiving
- Michael Jordan donates $2M from ‘The Last Dance’ proceeds to Feeding America
- CDC estimates only 1/8th of infections caught
- New emergency order from DOE not coming before Thanksgiving
- 40-foot tall leg lamp from ‘A Christmas Story’ stands in Oklahoma in ‘indescribably beautiful’ glory