TAMPA (CNN) — Crew members from Royal Caribbean’s Majesty of the Sea rescued a group of migrants stranded in open water Sunday.
According to the Coast Guard, it happened roughly 66 miles off Key West. The crew towed the migrant boat to the cruise ship, and the seven men were taken back to Cuba.
Images of the rescue were shot by 9-year-old Skyler Tauber from one of the top decks of the ship. According to Skyler’s father, the rescue took roughly an hour.
Royal Caribbean referred all questions to the Coast Guard, but confirmed that the rescue took place.
- Tampa’s FEMA mass vaccination site reopens Monday, nearly half of the daily supply goes unused
- Tyler Glasnow fans 14, Adames homers as Rays blank Rangers 1-0
- Biden meets with bipartisan group of lawmakers to discuss American Jobs Plan
- Virginia AG wants police records after Army officer stopped
- Macaulay Culkin, Brenda Song announce birth of first child together