TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA)—Following a string of postponed launches, SpaceX was finally able to make a launch happen on Tuesday.
Their Falcon 9 rocket successfully launched into orbit Tuesday morning following several recent aborts, scrubs and delays. The company was forced to scrub Monday’s launch due to inclement weather.
The rocket is carrying another batch of 60 Starlink satellites into orbit. SpaceX is trying to build a network for about 12,000 small satellites to provide high-speed and affordable Internet to people around the world. It is said to be building 120 satellites each month.
The rocket lifted off at 7:29 a.m.
- WATCH: Rainbow appears in sky near Orlando Pulse 5-year remembrance ceremony
- Pres. Biden to name Pulse Nightclub a national memorial
- Victims of Pulse nightclub massacre remembered 5 years later
- Florida vs. CDC cruise lawsuit: Mediation ends at an impasse
- $1.2 million’s worth of cocaine washes up at Florida Space Force base