ORLANDO, Fla. (WESH) – Southwest Airlines has announced a new round of furloughs.
The notice warns between March 15 and April 1, a total of 376 first officers, flight attendants, ramp agents and others will be furloughed.
All workers in the furloughs are based in Orlando. Airports in Fort Lauderdale and Tampa will also be impacted.
The notice says the pandemic has devastated air travel and tourism, costing Southwest Airlines billions in revenues since it began.
In their third quarter for 2020, Southwest says they lost 70% of their revenue.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Crooks capitalize on fears surrounding pandemic, rope people in vaccine schemes
- Schumer: Trump impeachment trial to begin week of Feb. 8
- Sheriff, report: Naked Florida man stole, crashed sheriff’s office cruiser
- More than 150 National Guard in Washington for inauguration test positive for coronavirus
- Man accused of killing Hillsborough Co. deputy faces first-degree premeditated murder charge