KEY LARGO, Fla. (AP) — A South Florida runner has won the overall men’s half-marathon title at the Key Largo Bridge Run in the Florida Keys.
Derek Morgan, 34, of Fort Lauderdale posted a time of one hour, 31 minutes and 35 seconds Saturday.
Miami resident Caroline Klosowski, 25, ran 01:53:10 to win the women’s division.
In the event’s 4-Mile division, the overall men’s winner was 15-year-old Colin Chivers of Davenport, Florida, with a time of 26:26. Julie Kellett, 35, of Belmont, Massachusetts, placed first in the women’s division with 28:36.
Organizers said the event attracted 499 participants to traverse roadbed and the Jewfish Creek Bridge at the top of the Florida Keys Overseas Highway.
- Kershaw, Dodgers take Game 1 over Rays
- Police investigating after 3 people shot in Tampa, 1 dead
- Tempers flare over mask mandate, parents say they don’t want kids ‘forced’ to cover-up in class
- Florida considers not releasing daily COVID-19 case numbers to the public
- All Americans get a free taco after stolen base in Game 1 of World Series