KEY LARGO, Fla. (AP) — A South Florida runner has won the overall men’s half-marathon title at the Key Largo Bridge Run in the Florida Keys.
Derek Morgan, 34, of Fort Lauderdale posted a time of one hour, 31 minutes and 35 seconds Saturday.
Miami resident Caroline Klosowski, 25, ran 01:53:10 to win the women’s division.
In the event’s 4-Mile division, the overall men’s winner was 15-year-old Colin Chivers of Davenport, Florida, with a time of 26:26. Julie Kellett, 35, of Belmont, Massachusetts, placed first in the women’s division with 28:36.
Organizers said the event attracted 499 participants to traverse roadbed and the Jewfish Creek Bridge at the top of the Florida Keys Overseas Highway.
- Police: Officer hit on head with pliers by burglary suspect in Tampa
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: A warmer week ahead
- Firewood businessman still chopping wood at 90 years old
- Suspect sought after prying open coin machines, stealing money in Hillsborough County
- Sarasota police looking for credit card thief