ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — U.S. Sen. Rick Scott says he misspoke when he said on national television that he had tested positive for COVID-19.
The Republican from Florida tweeted Saturday, “I misspoke this morning in my @FoxNews interview. I was tested yesterday for COVID and tested NEGATIVE.”
During an interview Saturday morning on “Cavuto Live,” Scott said, “I was tested yesterday, I think for the sixth time, and I tested positive again.”
Scott made his remarks when asked about three Senate colleagues who had contracted the virus recently.
U.S. Sens. Mike Lee, Thom Tillis and Ron Johnson have been diagnosed with the virus in recent days.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 10,870 new cases, highest single-day increase since July 25
- Wisconsin high court declines to hear Trump election lawsuit
- Video captures jet skier rescuing trapped dolphin in Biscayne Bay
- ‘Hero’ police K9 recovering after being shot by suspect in Phoenix
- Warner Bros. to release all 2021 films on HBO Max, theaters