ORLANDO, Fla. (WESH)—SeaWorld CEO Serge Rivera has resigned after just about five months on the job.
The move comes about a week after SeaWorld announced that it would be furloughing more than 90% of its workforce due to the coronavirus outbreak.
SeaWorld’s theme parks remain shut down due to the virus.
SeaWorld is based in Orlando and operates 12 theme parks, including five water parks in the United States.
SeaWorld Chief Financial Officer Marc Swanson was named interim CEO while an executive search firm looks for a permanent successor.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS STORIES:
- Family mourn 14-year-old boy with Asperger’s beaten to death by brother
- US Marshals recover 45 missing children in anti-human trafficking operation
- Halloween goes on at the White House with a few twists
- Rays fans shake off loss to Dodgers, get ready for Game 6
- Early vote total exceeds 2016; GOP chips at Dems’ advantage