SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – A Sarasota woman is now a millionaire after she claimed the first top prize for a new Florida Lottery scratch-off game.
The Florida Lottery says 26-year-old Janell Morales Monroy purchased her winning ticket from the Publix located at 4240 53rd Avenue East in Bradenton. The Publix will now receive a $4,000 bonus commission for selling the winning ticket.
The $10 game, 100X THE CASH, was started in September and features more than $294 million in cash prizes, including 10 top prizes of $2 million.
The game’s overall odds of winning are 1 in 3.50.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- See inside this incredible 1940’s-era Art Deco home that just hit the market
- Depression forms after car hits fire hydrant, causes water leak in Tampa
- Dozens rally before ex-officer put on trial in Floyd’s death
- Ohio college student ‘donating organs’ after alleged hazing incident, fraternity suspended
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Rain chances to slowly fade, drier trend to take over