BREVARD COUNTY, Fla. (WESH/WFLA) — SpaceX successfully launched a rocket Tuesday morning from the Kennedy Space Center.
It’s the SpaceX Falcon 9 Starlink-10.
SpaceX launched the 11th mission of the constellation of networked satellites known as Starlink.
The goal of Starlink is to create a network that will help provide internet services to those who are not yet connected and to provide reliable and affordable internet across the globe, according to the Kennedy Space Center website.
Riding along with Starlink satellites payload on this mission are three SkySat Earth-imaging satellites for Planet.
Find more information from the Kennedy Space Center, HERE.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Hillsborough vaccine appointment calls may show up as ‘Spam Risk’ on caller ID
- Florida to receive an 18% increase in COVID-19 vaccine allotment, Gov. DeSantis says
- Winner of ‘Worst Cooks in America’ arrested in death of adopted 3-year-old daughter
- St. Pete city leaders announce proposals for Tropicana Field site redevelopment
- Small diverse-owned businesses hope to benefit from the Super Bowl in Tampa Bay