ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — A Florida sheriff’s office is investigation the apparent theft of items used in Peter Pan’s Flight and the Space Mountain roller coaster at Walt Disney World.
An employee doing inventory in a storage shed on Oct. 1 noticed a set of sails was missing from the Peter Pan ride. He then realized that a “shell” and three seats from the roller coaster were also missing.
The Orlando Sentinel reports a manager contacted the Orange County Sheriff’s Office. An incident report says the items were in a padlocked shed.
A Disney official declined to comment, saying it’s a law enforcement issue.
The black market for rare Disney items is lucrative. Earlier this year a now ex-Disney employee and his cousin were accused of breaking into Haunted Mansion and stealing items.
- Tampa Bay misses out on first WrestleMania due to coronavirus
- US Coast Guard rescues 4 people from overturned boat near Sarasota
- Pro Football Hall of Famer Bobby Mitchell dies at 84
- Coronavirus response: Feeding Tampa Bay partners with celebrity chef for weekly Facebook series
- Search to continue for Kennedy Townsend’s daughter, grandson