TAMPA (CNN/WFLA) — Publix is donating $250,000 to Hurricane Dorian relief efforts in the Bahamas.
Based in Florida, Publix likely knows how difficult it can be to recover from hurricanes.
Dorian devastated Grand Bahama and its surrounding islands as a Category 5 storm earlier this week. At one point, it stalled for about 15 hours and pummeled the area nonstop with wind and rain.
- Why has Halloween become so popular among adults?
- 55-year-old man finishes 1st in Florida Keys stone crab claw eating contest for 3rd time
- Trucks blow over on California bridge amid strong storm
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Wet and muggy leads to dry and cooler conditions
- 3 teens arrested for murder of Florida high school student