ORLANDO, Fla. (WFLA) – For the first time in Central Florida, Publix is starting to feature self-checkout lanes.
Publix said it’s an option they want to give customers.
The option to self-checkout has been available for a while with Publix in places like Atlanta, Gainesville and Tallahassee, but not for Central Florida.
Self-checkout lanes have been associated with a cut in staff or hours, though Publix said that won’t happen.
WESH 2’s Michelle Meredith spoke with a customers to see how they felt about the option.
- Ron DeSantis wants Florida to stop buying Ben & Jerry’s over its stance on Israel-Palestine conflict
- Missing child alert issued for 13-year-old last seen Friday
- ‘Out of my body’: Osaka sharp in debut at Tokyo Olympics
- What to watch Sunday night, Monday morning at the Tokyo Olympics
- Man charged in Capitol riot investigation said Trump ‘asked me to be here,’ court documents show