ORLANDO, Fla. (WFLA) – For the first time in Central Florida, Publix is starting to feature self-checkout lanes.
Publix said it’s an option they want to give customers.
The option to self-checkout has been available for a while with Publix in places like Atlanta, Gainesville and Tallahassee, but not for Central Florida.
Self-checkout lanes have been associated with a cut in staff or hours, though Publix said that won’t happen.
WESH 2’s Michelle Meredith spoke with a customers to see how they felt about the option.
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: High humidity and above average temps
- ‘Olympic athletes are dying:’ Doc sheds light on suicide among Olympians
- Meadows 2 hits in return from coronavirus, Rays top Red Sox 5-1
- Missouri mayor defends concerts, parties during COVID-19 pandemic
- Florida man buys Porsche, Rolex with fake check printed from home computer, deputies say