DORAL, Fla. (WFLA/CNN) — A visit to South Florida is in President Donald Trump’s plans for Friday.
A White House official says Trump will visit US Southern Command in Doral for a press briefing. The news conference is expected to be focused on drug trafficking in South America.
Doral is in Miami-Dade County, which is currently experiencing a significant coronavirus outbreak. Health officials say the county has seen a 90% increase in the number of coronavirus patients being hospitalized in the past 13 days.
- WATCH: Officer saves save man in wheelchair from oncoming train
- Back-to-school battle: Hearing set for Florida school reopening lawsuit
- Biden raises $26M in 24 hours after Harris VP announcement
- Lawsuit: CVS Pharmacy refused to fill Riverview woman’s opioid prescription
- Tropical Depression 11 disorganized, still expected to become Josephine