DELAND, Fla. (WESH) — Homes have been damaged, cars overturned, trees snapped and power lines knocked down after a powerful tornado-warned storm rolled through DeLand.
The National Weather Service will need to confirm whether a tornado touched down in the area, but damage in the area indicates a very strong storm left its mark.
WESH 2 News Chief Meteorologist Tony Mainolfi said the damage appears to show the aftermath of a tornado.
Officials with the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office said they were seeing significant damage on Pine Street, near Washington.
Deputies said they are going door-to-door checking on people. It’s unclear if anyone has been hurt.
Florida Highway Patrol shared dash-cam footage of a box truck getting overturned by the storm while driving in Deland.
- ‘Come with me if you want to live’: Schwarzenegger gets COVID vaccine, urges others to follow suit
- Time running out to save Gladys Douglas Preserve in Dunedin
- WATCH LIVE: ‘Celebrate America’ special on Inauguration Night
- Work on Keystone XL pipeline halted as Biden revokes permit
- How to score a McDonald’s cheeseburger for 25 cents Thursday