MIRAMAR, Fla. (AP) — Investigators say a 21-year-old naked man broke into a South Florida high school and spent almost 24 hours vandalizing the building.
Police say surveillance cameras captured Matthew Crandall trashing Miramar High School on Memorial Day. They say he wore only a hat and headphones while smashing computers and televisions.
Video showed Crandall breaking in around 7 a.m. Monday and caused flooding in hallways and vandalized classrooms, walls and hallways.
A custodian discovered the damage, which was estimated at about $100,000.
He’s charged with burglary and criminal mischief. It’s not known whether he has ties to the school.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Accident affecting traffic on Old Pasco Road in Wesley Chapel
- Chief Justice John Roberts was hospitalized in June after a fall
- Trump pushes state, local leaders to reopen schools in fall
- Mary Kay Letourneau, teacher jailed for raping student, dies
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Passing downpours possible through the afternoon