FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man is charged with manslaughter for fatally beating a peeping tom who had been peering into his girlfriend’s window as they had sex.
Victor Vickery was charged Thursday with the July 2018 death of 57-year-old Asaad Akar.
The South Florida Sun Sentinel reports that the 30-year-old Vickery and his girlfriend were in bed when they heard a sound, which had happened before. Vickery went outside and found Akar, who had a criminal record for prowling.
The two began fighting while the girlfriend called 911. Vickery told Fort Lauderdale police Akar attacked him and that he punched and kicked Akar a few times. Akar died at the hospital later that night.
Vickery is jailed on $100,000 bail. He is also charged with a sexual battery that happened a month after Akar’s death.
- Breakthrough Medical Treatment for E.D. – No Pills, No Injections
- Protesters gather outside Lindsey Graham’s home after he vows to vote for Ginsburg replacement
- DeSantis: State will defund Florida cities that want to defund the police
- Justice Ginsburg to lie in repose at the Supreme Court & U.S. Capitol
- “Life Below Zero” stars talk Alaska and wild bear stories