ORLANDO, Fla. (WESH) – Orlando police say a young child that was found alone on the doorstep of an apartment was reunited with his mother.
The boy, estimated to be 2 or 3 years old, was found on in front of a unit at an apartment complex east of Orlando International Airport in the Lake Nona area.
Police say officers were called to the complex around 4:45 a.m. after somebody found the boy sitting in a chair on a porch. He was wrapped in a blanket with his pacifier.
Police say the boy’s grandmother saw the photo on the news and called the mother and woke her up.
Officers believe the boy walked out of his home on his own.
- 12-year old Citrus County boy recovering after being hit by a stray bullet on 4th of July
- 1-year-old boy killed following deadly DUI crash with mother traveling 121 mph
- Congress turns attention to ICE detention facility conditions during COVID-19 pandemic
- Coca-Cola releases new software for contactless beverage pouring
- White House hosts event to share positive police stories as Congress works on reform