ORLANDO, Fla. (WESH) – Orlando police say a young child that was found alone on the doorstep of an apartment was reunited with his mother.
The boy, estimated to be 2 or 3 years old, was found on in front of a unit at an apartment complex east of Orlando International Airport in the Lake Nona area.
Police say officers were called to the complex around 4:45 a.m. after somebody found the boy sitting in a chair on a porch. He was wrapped in a blanket with his pacifier.
Police say the boy’s grandmother saw the photo on the news and called the mother and woke her up.
Officers believe the boy walked out of his home on his own.
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: A warmer week ahead
- Firewood businessman still chopping wood at 90 years old
- Suspect sought after prying open coin machines, stealing money in Hillsborough County
- Sarasota police looking for credit card thief
- Florida officials weigh in on deadly Pensacola naval base shooting