BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. (AP) – Police say a 23-year-old Florida woman neglected her dogs and then threw them in a trash bin when she found them dead.
Devonna Hinds was arrested Wednesday and charged with animal cruelty and improperly disposing of the dogs’ bodies.
A cleaning crew found the bodies in November and called police. Microchips linked them to Hinds.
She told investigators the dogs were dead when returned from vacation Nov. 22. A veterinarian concluded the dogs had been neglected for a long period of time.
A Boynton Beach animal cruelty investigator called it one of the most disturbing cases she’s worked on.
- Florida coronavirus: State tallies 12,624 new cases, second highest to date
- Newsfeed Now: Washington Redskins name-change; Naval ship fire still burns
- 20-year-old accused of setting fire to Tampa Champs store identified by DOJ
- Hillsborough County to open 8th free COVID-19 testing site
- Florida records more new COVID-19 cases than all of Europe combined