BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. (AP) – Police say a 23-year-old Florida woman neglected her dogs and then threw them in a trash bin when she found them dead.
Devonna Hinds was arrested Wednesday and charged with animal cruelty and improperly disposing of the dogs’ bodies.
A cleaning crew found the bodies in November and called police. Microchips linked them to Hinds.
She told investigators the dogs were dead when returned from vacation Nov. 22. A veterinarian concluded the dogs had been neglected for a long period of time.
A Boynton Beach animal cruelty investigator called it one of the most disturbing cases she’s worked on.
- Third stimulus check: Americans who make more than $80,000 may not get direct payment
- With Taco Bell’s Mexican pizza gone, here’s how you may be able to get your cheese fix
- Prosecutor: Tampa police justified in 2 separate shootings
- Mosi’s Night at the Museum
- WATCH LIVE: Cuomo to make announcement amid outcry over harassment allegations