LAUDERHILL, Fla. (AP) — A man accused of slashing his daughter and step daughter with a machete was ordered by a judge Saturday to be held in a Florida jail without bond.
The Sun-Sentinel reported that 47-year-old Dennis Anthony Reid appeared in court on charges of attempted murder and aggravated child abuse.
The judge also ordered him not to contact the girls, who remain in Broward Health Medical Center in serious condition.
According to police, Reid went to care for the children on Friday while their mother prepared to fly to Jamaica. But the visit turned violent, and witnesses said he grabbed a machete and started slashing the children.
- CDC ranks Halloween activities by COVID-19 risk: No trick-or-treating, crowded parties or indoor haunted houses
- 2 officers save man who uses wheelchair from car minutes before it bursts into flames
- Gabriel, No. 13 UCF beat East Carolina 51-28 in AAC opener
- No. 5 Florida beats Ole Miss 51-35 in Kiffin’s debut
- Willis’ 370 yards of offense helps Liberty beat FIU 36-34