MIAMI (AP) — Two residents of the Florida Keys have been jailed for failing to quarantine after testing positive for the new coronavirus.
Jail records show that 24-year-old Jose Interian and 26-year-old Yohana Gonzalez are facing charges of violating isolation rules for quarantine and violating emergency management disaster preparedness rules.
They were arrested Wednesday in Key West.
They had been ordered by the health department to quarantine after testing positive for COVID-19, but neighbors said they were ignoring the order.
Investigators say someone videotaped the couple and gave it to Key West police.
Gonzalez’s booking photo was not available Thursday morning.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Biden tells appointees: ‘We work for the people’
- Sarasota, Manatee counties to require proof of residency to receive COVID-19 vaccine
- Florida ‘Monkey Whisperer’ charged in illegal wildlife trade
- Agencies say Super Bowl security is constantly evolving, improving to make event safer
- Trump extends Secret Service protection to 14 family members, reports say