LAKE COUNTY, Fla. (WESH) – One person is dead after an experimental gyroplane crashed in Lake County, deputies said.
The Lake County Sheriff’s office said they received reports of the crash on North County Road 44 A in Umatilla just before 11:30 a.m. on Thursday.
Deputies said the pilot, who was the only one on the aircraft, died.
The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating the crash.
The name of the pilot killed has not yet been released.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- MISSING: Winter Park woman disappears under suspicious circumstances
- Cops: Woman tried to kill 11-week-old, put meds in breast milk
- 27 years later, arrest is made in killer-clown case
- Target 8: Gibsonton woman comes home to missing lawn
- Hugh Hefner, leader of the sexual revolution, dies at 91
- Florida boy, 4, chokes to death on meatball at school
- Police: Teen caught having sex with wiener dog again