GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) — A 4-year-old Georgia boy has died after a head-on crash on a Florida highway that also killed his parents.
The Florida Highway Patrol said Monday that Christopher and Brittany Hesling and son Jack, of St. Marys, Georgia, have died from injuries sustained in the crash late Saturday near Gainesville. The Heslings’ 6-month-old daughter survived with minor injuries.
The driver of the wrong-way car also died but has not been identified.
First Coast News says 30-year-old Christopher Hesling worked as a marketing director for a company based at Jacksonville’s submarine base. Brittany Hesling worked at the base day care facility. She was 31.
- New federal rules to help states combat coronavirus patient surge
- How coronavirus can impact your credit score
- Nurses union protests shortage of protective gear at HCA hospitals
- Stopping the spread: Hillsborough Co. to open 2 hotels to help those impacted by coronavirus
- Coronavirus: U.S. death toll tops 5,000