ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) – Officials say a 21-year-old Orange County woman left her 3-year-old child alone in a vehicle while she visited an inmate at a jail.
Local news outlets say Rachael Etienne was charged with child neglect on Sunday.
Orange County Deputy Ingrid Tejada-Monforte said corrections officials found the child while making rounds at the jail.
The car was locked, turned off and the windows were slightly opened.
The temperature in Orlando at the time was 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
An arrest affidavit says surveillance video shows the child was in the car alone for about 18 minutes.
Tejada-Monfonte says the child was sweating profusely, but otherwise uninjured.
The Department of Children and Families turned the child over to custody of a family member.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- People line up at 1 am to sign up for Hurricane Irma aid in Plant City
- Hernando sheriff seeks help finding sex predator who cut off ankle monitor
- Tropical Depression 17 forms, no threat to U.S.
- Family’s plea in Tampa cold case: ‘Lord, let her be alive’
- HART bus schedule changes creating challenges for passengers
- Jerry Jones: Cowboys ‘will not play’ if they disrespect flag
- Dad sent missing toddler to alley at 3 a.m. because she didn’t drink milk, police say
- WATCH: Man arrested after clinging to moving school bus