LAKE MARY, Fla. (AP) — Officials say an alligator hunter was attacked and bitten on the arm.
Seminole County Sheriff’s spokesman Bob Kealing tells news outlets they received a call for help around 6:15 p.m. Thursday.
The man was flown to Orlando Regional Medical Center for treatment. His name hasn’t been released.
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission spokesman Chad Weber told news outlets his condition wasn’t considered life-threatening.
The wildlife agency is investigating the incident.
A statewide alligator hunting season began Aug. 15 and runs until Nov. 1.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Target Black Friday deals: Final week of discounts released
- Public health expert: ‘Prudent decision’ to postpone Tampa’s Gasparilla festivities during coronavirus surge
- Search underway for missing endangered 77-year-old Sebring woman
- Former Tampa Bay bank robber meets detective after she changed his life, 28 years later
- 2 people injured following St. Petersburg shooting