LAKE MARY, Fla. (AP) — Officials say an alligator hunter was attacked and bitten on the arm.
Seminole County Sheriff’s spokesman Bob Kealing tells news outlets they received a call for help around 6:15 p.m. Thursday.
The man was flown to Orlando Regional Medical Center for treatment. His name hasn’t been released.
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission spokesman Chad Weber told news outlets his condition wasn’t considered life-threatening.
The wildlife agency is investigating the incident.
A statewide alligator hunting season began Aug. 15 and runs until Nov. 1.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Police: Loaded gun found in Polk County student’s backpack after scuffle with asst. principal
- WATCH: Sarasota boating officer finds coyote swimming in bay, guides it to shore
- Trump the dominant force at conservative conference
- 3 dead after Florida-bound plane crashes in Georgia
- Militia members want to blow up Capitol when Biden addresses Congress, chief says