ORLANDO, Fla. (WESH) – A newborn baby boy was found on a doorstep of an Orlando apartment, wrapped in a T-shirt, according to authorities.
Officials said the 1-day-old baby was found around 10:08 a.m. Saturday at the Willow Key Apartments on Arnold Palmer Drive.
Authorities said the child appeared to be healthy and was taken to Arnold Palmer Hospital.
Officials have contacted the Florida Department of Children and Families.
Authorities are reminding people a newborn baby can be left at a hospital or fire station with no criminal repercussions.
A baby can be dropped off until the child is 7 days old.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s dying wish was to not have a replacement chosen by Trump
- Trump urges Senate to vote ‘without delay’ on his Supreme Court pick
- ‘Thank you for everything’: Man battling COVID-19 texts mom before going into coma
- Infant survives crash that kills 25-year-old Polk County woman
- GOP senator to introduce bill reimbursing parents $800 for remote learning expenses