ORLANDO, Fla. (WESH) – A newborn baby boy was found on a doorstep of an Orlando apartment, wrapped in a T-shirt, according to authorities.
Officials said the 1-day-old baby was found around 10:08 a.m. Saturday at the Willow Key Apartments on Arnold Palmer Drive.
Authorities said the child appeared to be healthy and was taken to Arnold Palmer Hospital.
Officials have contacted the Florida Department of Children and Families.
Authorities are reminding people a newborn baby can be left at a hospital or fire station with no criminal repercussions.
A baby can be dropped off until the child is 7 days old.
- Florida man coughed on store employee to express frustration over social distancing, deputies say
- 10 patients at same nursing home die of coronavirus
- Masked crowds fill streets, trains after Wuhan lockdown ends
- Coronavirus: Tampa company making respirators for first responders, public
- Coronavirus: Tampa Bay dispatchers reveal top questions nervous callers ask