NAPLES, Fla. (WFLA) – A Naples man had quite the discovery Saturday while he went for a run on a local beach.
Anatoli Smirnov joked that he “almost got eaten by giant jellyfish” that he found along the shore of Vanderbilt Beach.
Smirnov said the jellyfish was nearly four-feet in size.
While a fascinating find, he said it was definitely a first of its kind during his runs.
“I’m running on beach all the time. I see lots of sea creatures. This one was the first time,” he said.
The giant sea jelly had a white and pink pearl-ish color.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- 15% of Americans worse off a year into pandemic, poll finds
- Pentagon researchers develop under-the-skin sensor that detects COVID infection
- Unusual treatment shows promise for kids with brain tumors
- Sheriff Grady Judd to provide details on fatal officer-involved shooting in Winter Haven
- 5,200 tons of cosmic dust fall to Earth each year