NAPLES, Fla. (WFLA) – A Naples man had quite the discovery Saturday while he went for a run on a local beach.
Anatoli Smirnov joked that he “almost got eaten by giant jellyfish” that he found along the shore of Vanderbilt Beach.
Smirnov said the jellyfish was nearly four-feet in size.
While a fascinating find, he said it was definitely a first of its kind during his runs.
“I’m running on beach all the time. I see lots of sea creatures. This one was the first time,” he said.
The giant sea jelly had a white and pink pearl-ish color.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- ‘The View’ hosts test positive for COVID, leave set minutes before VP Harris interview
- Tampa company giving birthday parties and gifts to low-income or foster kids
- Funeral service planned for Gabby Petito in New York, father says
- Gov. DeSantis holds press conference in Melbourne Beach
- Hillsborough Co. deputy shot, hospitalized in barricaded standoff