NAPLES, Fla. (AP) — Florida authorities say that when two young men were pulled over for street racing, one of the drivers blasted the song “Bad Boys,” the opening theme to the TV show “Cops.”
The Collier County Sheriff’s Office says the two men were arrested and charged with racing on a public highway. A third man was charged with riding as a passenger in a race competition.
The arrest report said the passenger coordinated the race between the two vehicles.
The cars were registered going as fast as 95 miles per hour, well over the 55 mile-per-hour limit on that stretch.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Woodcarver honoring 13 killed in Kabul, visits Tampa Bay mother of fallen solider
- Pasco school leaders to discuss changing school start times due to bus driver shortage
- Brian Laundrie lookalike held at gunpoint by U.S. Marshals on Appalachian Trail, report says
- ‘This is not some joke’: 56 laser strikes reported on aircraft in Tampa so far in 2021, FAA data shows
- ‘Things have gone downhill rapidly’: Polk Co. missionary says kidnapping of Americans in Haiti will impact future help