HOLLY HILL, Fla. (WESH) - A fireball was caught on camera cutting through the Central Florida sky Wednesday morning.
The video was filmed around 7 a.m. by Howard Gowan, of Holly Hill, who said he stepped outside to get some images of the sunrise.
“I didn’t know what the heck it was,” Gowan said.
Gowan said he was pointing his camera due south when he spotted the mysterious fireball.
The mystery in the sky, however, is not a mystery at all.
NASA officials said the fireball in the sky is a "jet contrail, illuminated by the rising sun.” The “two tails are a dead giveaway,” NASA said.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Tampa mayoral candidates sound off on bike, pedestrian safety
- Two most dangerous holiday items for pets that AREN'T poinsettias
- News Channel 8 celebrates 1 million Facebook likes
- Secret Santa pays off $45,000 worth of layaways at Arizona Walmart