TITUSVILLE, Fla. (WESH) —The body of a missing Titusville woman has been found in the trunk of a car in Tennessee, officials said.
According to authorities, the body of Anna Primavere, 36, was found in the trunk of a car belonging to Courtney Dawn Gibson by law enforcement in Lebanon, Tennessee.
According to officials, Gibson turned herself in to authorities in Tennessee on Thursday in connection to the homicide investigation.
Primavere was last seen at a home in the area of Knox McRae Drive and Barna Avenue around 5:45 p.m. on Friday.
Authorities said Gibson was hired as a babysitter by the landlord at a home on Trinidad Avenue. Officials said a Ring doorbell captured her driving from the area with a mattress on her roof.
Officials said Gibson burned the mattress on the side of the road after it fell off of her car.
Authorities said when they began their search for Primavere, they discovered her mattress was missing.
Police in Tennessee said they originally had found Gibson at her parents’ home, but she had refused to let them search her car. Detectives said they found the body after obtaining a search warrant.
Check back with WESH 2 News for updates as they become available.
- Coronavirus: Find out how many hospital beds are available near you
- Democrats delay nominating convention until week of Aug. 17
- Rays, Rowdies donate 1 million meals to Feeding Tampa Bay; will match donations
- Florida residents pressure Georgia State Senator with coronavirus to go back home to quarantine
- Cruise ship with sick passengers, sister ship will be allowed to dock in Florida