MIAMI (AP) — Kim Ng became the highest-ranking woman in baseball operations in the major leagues when she was hired Friday as general manager of the Miami Marlins.
Ng is believed to be the first female general manager for a men’s team in a major professional sport in North America, the Marlins said.
She has 21 years of big league experience in the front offices of the Chicago White Sox (1990-96), New York Yankees (1998-2001) and Los Angeles Dodgers (2002-11).
Ng becomes the fifth person to hold the Marlins’ top position in baseball operations, and succeeds Michael Hill, who was not retained after the 2020 season.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Watch: Clearwater man throws Thanksgiving turkey into swimming pool to defrost
- California sent COVID-19 jobless benefits to Scott Peterson, death row inmates
- Jupiter, Saturn to form closest ‘great conjunction’ in 800 years
- Police: Woman kidnapped from Orlando to Sarasota to be sexually assaulted
- Florida coronavirus: State surpasses 950,000 total cases