MIAMI (WESH/WFLA) —A 15-foot, 2,000-pound great white shark has pinged off the coast of Florida, according to non-profit research company OCEARCH.
The shark, named Unama’ki, recently pinged just south of Miami.
It’s one of the largest sharks ever tagged in the Atlantic and the second largest shark ever tagged by OCEARCH.
OCEARCH said Unama’ki could be traveling along a similar path as last year, a journey that took her past the Florida Keys and into the Gulf of Mexico.
- Nearly 1 in 10 adults around the globe identify as LGBTQ: survey
- 4-year-old missing after wandering from Florida vacation home
- Know any airplane mechanics? Wave of retirements leaves some industries desperate to hire
- Mayor Castor selects Lee Bercaw for chief of Tampa Police Department
- Chinese Americans fight back against bans on buying property