MIAMI (WESH/WFLA) —A 15-foot, 2,000-pound great white shark has pinged off the coast of Florida, according to non-profit research company OCEARCH.
The shark, named Unama’ki, recently pinged just south of Miami.
It’s one of the largest sharks ever tagged in the Atlantic and the second largest shark ever tagged by OCEARCH.
OCEARCH said Unama’ki could be traveling along a similar path as last year, a journey that took her past the Florida Keys and into the Gulf of Mexico.
- Florida grand jury involved in Trump documents probe by Justice Dept., AP source says
- Largo’s Dev Shah returns home as 2023 Scripps National Spelling Bee Champion
- Wisconsin teen’s body found in SUV 4 days after it was towed to lot following crash
- Florida officials confirm involvement in ‘voluntary relocation’ of migrants flown to California
- Hamburger Mary’s lawsuit: Federal judge hears both sides in case