MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (NBC) – A man was hospitalized after being bitten by a shark at Miami Beach Wednesday.
Officials say a blacktip shark caused an 8-inch laceration below the knee on the 31-year-old man’s leg.
The attack prompted officials to fly double red flags, warning beachgoers on a stretch of the beach not to enter the water because several bait fish schools were seen nearby.
Aerials from above the coast show several sharks in the water not far from shore going after fish.
The man was taken to the hospital and was listed in stable condition.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Historic animal rescue flight provides hundreds of Hawaii shelter animals with forever homes
- Man buys car for stranger after learning of ‘distraught’ mother’s plight
- Photos: Halloween costumes from across Tampa Bay
- Americans get wickedly creative for pandemic trick-or-treating
- Tracking the Tropics: Tropical Depression 29 forms over central Caribbean Sea