MARION COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A man drove his car into an occupied Catholic church Saturday morning, set it on fire, then led deputies on a car chase.
The Marion County Sheriff’s Office was called out to the Queen of Peace Catholic Church in Ocala Saturday morning. Deputies said a man drove his car into the front doors and lit a fire while parishioners were inside.
The suspect then reportedly led deputies on a car chase before being captured soon after.
The sheriff’s office said no serious injuries were reported.
Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco announced via Facebook that extra patrols will be at the county’s places of worship Sunday morning out of an abundance of caution.
- Reigning BMX gold medalist Connor Fields stretchered off
- The Diplomatic Security Service: How US athletes are kept safe at the Olympics
- Tampa urgent care clinics see spike in patients during coronavirus resurgence
- Two toddlers found naked, covered in feces at Alabama truck stop
- ‘Happy tears’: Lee’s gold sparks joy at home in Minnesota