MARION COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A man drove his car into an occupied Catholic church Saturday morning, set it on fire, then led deputies on a car chase.
The Marion County Sheriff’s Office was called out to the Queen of Peace Catholic Church in Ocala Saturday morning. Deputies said a man drove his car into the front doors and lit a fire while parishioners were inside.
The suspect then reportedly led deputies on a car chase before being captured soon after.
The sheriff’s office said no serious injuries were reported.
Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco announced via Facebook that extra patrols will be at the county’s places of worship Sunday morning out of an abundance of caution.
- Wife, ex-wife report Pinellas school deputy for child abuse
- Kids back out for fun in the sun at Nathan Benderson Park
- Spin to offer incentive to dock e-scooters in specific places
- LIVE: Obama campaigns for Biden in Philadelphia as Trump tends to his electoral map
- Lawmakers hope final presidential debate has more meaning