ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a Florida man spit at police officers and told them he had coronavirus as they arrested him for shoplifting at a convenience story.
Orlando police say 26-year-old Christopher Abad was arrested Monday night at a 7-Eleven and charged with theft, assault, battery on a law enforcement officer and assault on a law enforcement officer.
Police say Abad coughed on and tried to kick an officer who attempted to handcuff him.
Authorities say Abad then spit on the officer and tried to spit on other officers.
Police haven’t confirmed whether Abad was tested for the coronavirus after his arrest.
- 14 men arrested, charged with 541 counts of child porn in Manatee County
- Message in a bottle discovered decades after it floated away
- 12-year-old track star goes viral, gains attention from ESPN
- Despite IRS warning, stimulus checks and debit cards cause confusion
- 2 men hospitalized following shooting in Clearwater