JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (WFLA) — A man suspected of driving a van through a tent where members of the Republican Party of Duval were registering voters has been arrested by the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office.
JSO said Gregory William Loel Timm, 27, has been charged with two counts of aggravated assault on a person 65 years of age or older, one count of criminal mischief, and driving with a suspended license.
The incident happened in a Walmart parking lot on Atlantic Boulevard, according to First Coast News. None of the volunteers were hurt.
Police have not stated whether the crash was politically motivated.
GOP Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel issued a statement on the incident on Twitter.
“These unprovoked, senseless attacks on @realDonaldTrump‘s supporters need to end,” McDaniel said. “I want to echo the @DuvalGOP in saying: We will not be silenced by cowards, and these disgusting acts will only make us work harder to win November.”
President Donald Trump reacted to the incident on Twitter with a response to McDaniel’s statement.
“Law Enforcement has been notified,” Trump tweeted. “Be careful tough guys who play with!”
For more, click here.
- FDA wants heartburn meds off the market due to contamination
- Silver alert issued for Manatee County woman suffering severe memory loss
- Minn. state trooper gives doctor masks instead of speeding ticket
- Oregon veteran recovers from COVID-19, celebrates 104th birthday
- Samuel L. Jackson’s advice for the COVID-19 pandemic? ‘Stay the f— at home’