NORTH MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A regular customer at a North Miami Beach juice bar and restaurant left a $2,021 when she paid her New Year’s Day tab.
Kelly Amar says the customer’s generosity on Friday provided $100 for each of the 22 people who work at Miami Squeeze.
The customer didn’t want her name made public. But she left a note on the tab that said: “Happy New Year!!! Always love coming here.”
Amar says her family had to lay off some workers during the shutdown. They’ve since hired them back.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- WATCH: Woman says she drowned children to protect them from father
- Florida couple starved 50-pound teen and siblings, locked them in bedroom, deputies say
- Gaetz and DeSantis: A friendship that may become a liability
- EXPLAINER: Can officers stop drivers for air fresheners?
- US says Russia was given Trump campaign polling data in 2016