ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) – A spokesman for central Florida’s LGBTQ community after the massacre of 49 patrons at a gay nightclub in 2016 has died.
Terry DeCarlo’s husband, Bill Huelsman, said on Facebook that DeCarlo died Monday night after a battle with cancer. He was 57.
DeCarlo was a leader at a community center for Orlando’s LGBTQ community at the time of the Pulse nightclub shooting.
Civic leaders say DeCarlo helped lead the gay community through a difficult period.
Orlando City Commissioner Patty Sheehan said DeCarlo was “a rock” in the aftermath of the nightclub shooting.
- Multiple Microsoft services down across U.S.
- USF & Buccaneers to host joint press conference on fans returning to games on Tuesday
- Lightning would like to win cup for captain Steven Stamkos
- COVID-19 model researchers concerned about Florida’s reopening
- Lightning head coach on avoiding distractions ahead of Game 6