ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — A convicted killer was removed from a Florida courtroom after jumping up from his seat and yelling expletives at the judge.
Markeith Loyd was sentenced to life in prison last month in the death of his pregnant girlfriend, and awaits trial in the killing of an Orlando police officer. He was in court Thursday regarding a complaint he made against his defense attorney, Terry Lenamon.
The Orlando Sentinel reports that Circuit Judge Leticia Marques asked Loyd if he still stands by his complaint.
Loyd told the judge it’s an appeal issue that she doesn’t have jurisdiction over. She told him to watch his tone. Loyd then began shouting that she should watch her tone, along with several profanities. Deputies swiftly escorted him from the courtroom.
LATEST FLORIDA NEWS:
- New Florida legislation would raise car seat age to 6
- The Naked Cowboy arrested while performing at Daytona’s Bike Week
- Deputies: Florida couple kidnapped, robbed man over 30 hours
- Florida pharmacies participating in federal vaccine program told to prioritize teachers over seniors
- Florida to lower COVID-19 vaccine age range to 60 and up next Monday, DeSantis says