SOUTH DAYTONA, Fla. – Police in South Daytona are investigating the Monday death of an infant, which occurred at a day care.
The boy, under a year old, was found face down and unresponsive in a crib at the facility, which is operated by Warner Christian Academy. Staff and rescuers performed CPR, but the baby was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Police said there is nothing to suggest the death is suspicious. The medical examiner will conduct an autopsy.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Couple in Tampa engagement photo located, gets surprise photo session
- Rent Due: Florida landlord fatally shoots tenant over $550
- Mother, friend arrested after child found in hot car outside strip club
- AMBER Alert issued for Madison boy, 7
- Boy missing in Coconut Creek, AMBER Alert issued
- Family killed in triple murder followed by suicide
- Man shot and killed in Clearwater identified
- Pit bull puppy recovers after severe chemical burns
- Principal paddles kindergartner, ignites outrage online
- Deputies: Woman strangled to death after her birthday party
- Road rage incident with motorcyclists turned into beating for Tampa Bay area man
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines