PENSACOLA, Fla. (WFLA) – Police say a 47-year-old maintenance worker at a Pensacola hospital beat a 13-year-old patient after hearing that the child had made the holes in a wall that he was repairing.
Pensacola police arrested Kevin Douglas on Wednesday following the Jan. 2 incident at Baptist Hospital. Douglas is charged with cruelty to a child.
Hospital officials say they fired Douglas after the incident.
According to an arrest report, Douglas overheard a nurse saying the boy had made the holes in the wall. Douglas then started beating the child.
Douglas posted bond and was released from jail on Wednesday.
- CDC recommends against getting other vaccines close to when you get the COVID-19 vaccine
- Police seek missing Clearwater man, 65
- Newsfeed Now: Biden administration asks Congress to pass COVID-19 relief bill; Texas group prepares Biden lawsuits
- 3 dead in military helicopter crash were experienced pilots
- Austin wins Senate confirmation as 1st Black Pentagon chief