DELRAY BEACH, Fla. (WFLA) — A driver on Florida’s Interstate 95 survived a close call Tuesday after a large piece of metal crashed through his driver’s side windshield.
The incident happened about a mile south of Woolbright Road, Delray Beach Fire Rescue said. Battalion Chief Todd Lynch said the man is “lucky to be alive.”
The fire department didn’t say exactly how the sheet of metal crashed through the driver’s windshield.
The driver suffered minor injuries from the shattered glass.
- L.A. County motor deputy killed in crash while trying to initiate traffic stop: Sheriff says
- COVID-19 relief package hangs in the balance as lawmakers stay along party lines
- Port Richey grandfather charged with sexual battery on his teen granddaughter
- House could vote on Biden’s $1.9T COVID-19 relief package, $1,400 checks Friday
- US bombs facilities in Syria used by Iran-back militia