BROWARD COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A Florida police officer was arrested and placed on leave after he broke the jaw of a teenager he believed was having sex with his daughter, NBC 6 reports.
Deputies say 37-year-old Lowrie Simon, 37, struck the 17-year-old boy in his chest and mouth in Pembroke Park Sunday.
According to an arrest report, he had approached the teen to ask if he was having sex with his 13-year-old daughter and punched him when he denied it.
The boy was taken to an area hospital where he was treated for a broken mandible and damage to his teeth. An arrest report says the teeth on the teen’s lower jaw appeared to be pushed back and the hospital staff had to wire them back in place.
Simon, a police officer at Opa-locka since 2014 was arrested and released Monday. He’s been charged with felony battery and was placed on leave pending the outcome of the investigation.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Attorney: Parents of Seminole Heights serial murder suspect ‘heartbroken’
- Man who rescued woman during Hurricane Irma, fell in love with her, now mourning her death
- McDonald’s manager to receive every penny of $110,000 Crime Stoppers reward, officials say
- Half a mural leaves entire Seminole Heights neighborhood in shock
- 4 teens in stolen SUV injure driver in St. Pete hit-and-run crash