TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Governor Ron DeSantis held a press conference at the UF Health The Villages hospital in The Villages, Florida on Monday.
The press conference was held just after Florida hit another grave milestone this weekend: over 200,000 total cases.
Governor DeSantis spoke with health officials from the hospital, highlighting various hospital capacities throughout the state.
The governor also confirmed more personnel to assist in hospitals, though he did not say where the aid will come from.
Employees in the state’s assisted living facilities will continue to be tested for the virus every two weeks.
Today, the Florida Department of Health reported 6,336 new cases and 47 deaths, 23 of which were from the Tampa Bay area.
You can watch DeSantis’ press conference in the video player above.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Scattered downpours develop this afternoon
- Tampa youth soccer coach remembered after battle with COVID-19
- Nine-year-old boy rescued after falling into creek
- Second stimulus checks: Why $1,200 payments aren’t expected in August
- Bay Area political analyst says to win White House, candidates must win two major groups in Florida