TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Governor Ron DeSantis held a press conference at the UF Health The Villages hospital in The Villages, Florida on Monday.
The press conference was held just after Florida hit another grave milestone this weekend: over 200,000 total cases.
Governor DeSantis spoke with health officials from the hospital, highlighting various hospital capacities throughout the state.
The governor also confirmed more personnel to assist in hospitals, though he did not say where the aid will come from.
Employees in the state’s assisted living facilities will continue to be tested for the virus every two weeks.
Today, the Florida Department of Health reported 6,336 new cases and 47 deaths, 23 of which were from the Tampa Bay area.
You can watch DeSantis’ press conference in the video player above.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Mega Millions jackpot now $865M, winning numbers drawn
- Clearwater police investigating carjacking, search for suspect underway
- Senate’s top Democrat, Republican seek path to guide 50-50 chamber
- What the Trump children might do after the White House
- 8 On Your Side investigates 49th Street intersection complaints