ORLANDO (WFLA) — Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis met with hair salon owners in Orlando Saturday to discuss the logistics of reopening their businesses amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The governor and the small business owners got together at OhSoooJazzy Hair Salons in Orlando at 1 p.m. and talked about what safety measures salons could implement to prevent spread of the virus inside their shops.
DeSantis announced that the first phase of his “Smart. Safe. Step-By-Step” plan will begin Monday. Phase one does not include reopening of salons and barbershops.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- 30% of unvaccinated say omicron has made them consider inoculations: poll
- Trump tested positive for COVID-19 days before debate with Biden: Meadows book
- Pentagon chief says Guard who refuse vaccine cannot train
- Omicron booster: Will we need a shot that targets the mutated variant?
- Omicron variant of COVID-19 likely already in Florida, Tampa Bay doctors and researchers believe