TALLAHASSEE (WFLA) — Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis issued an executive order Tuesday extending the state of emergency amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The state of emergency was initially issued March 9. The order provides the governor additional funds needed to combat COVID-19. It was extended 60 days in May, and again on Tuesday.
The state of emergency is now extended through Sept. 4, about a week after the Republican National Convention in Jacksonville.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Florida on track to top 1 million total coronavirus cases this week
- NYC school system, largest in the US, to begin phased reopening in December
- Fauci: US may see ‘surge upon surge’ of virus in weeks ahead
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 7,364 new cases, expected to hit 1 million total cases within next 2 days
- Couple holds wedding ceremony outside living facility for grandmother to see