TALLAHASSEE (WFLA) — Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis issued an executive order Tuesday extending the state of emergency amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The state of emergency was initially issued March 9. The order provides the governor additional funds needed to combat COVID-19. It was extended 60 days in May, and again on Tuesday.
The state of emergency is now extended through Sept. 4, about a week after the Republican National Convention in Jacksonville.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- More than half of American adults have experienced a loss of income because of COVID-19
- DBPR secretary meets with local brewery, bar owners to come up with safe reopening plan
- Marlins’ Jeter blames outbreak on ‘false sense of security’
- How Tampa’s annual race with 11K rubber ducks went virtual
- Clearwater High School athletes prepare for football season amid pandemic