NAPLES, Fla. (WFLA/CNN) – Governor Ron DeSantis has announced an initiative to require all Florida high school students to take and pass a civics education test, similar to a citizenship test, to graduate.
He says it will teach them the system of governments and principals that underlay our constitution.
High school seniors will now be required to pass a civics exam similar to the citizenship exam taken by naturalized citizens.
- St. Petersburg museum on mission to improve Holocaust education statewide
- Three victims in fiery Hudson crash remembered
- Dog rescued after being spotted running in northbound lanes of I-275
- Sarasota Police Chief Bernadette DiPino to resign, effective Friday
- DeSantis: Florida’s statewide COVID-19 vaccine registration site expanding this week