NAPLES, Fla. (WFLA/CNN) – Governor Ron DeSantis has announced an initiative to require all Florida high school students to take and pass a civics education test, similar to a citizenship test, to graduate.
He says it will teach them the system of governments and principals that underlay our constitution.
High school seniors will now be required to pass a civics exam similar to the citizenship exam taken by naturalized citizens.
- Lightning one win away from Stanley Cup title after overtime win
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Warm and humid weekend with scattered PM storms
- Tampa restaurant holds off on changes as Florida enters Phase Three
- State Road 590 shuts down as Clearwater police seek hit-and-run driver
- St. Petersburg parents break their silence following stabbing, daughter’s death